The Benchmark Group Cares
As an essential part of the community, Benchmark Apartments provide housing for thousands of residents. The health and safety of our residents and employees is of the utmost importance and we are committed to continue to provide quality apartment homes in these challenging times. Here’s how we are supporting our potential residents, residents and employees.
Rent Payments and Fees
We know that many of our residents are facing financial pressures as businesses have been forced to scale back or close. We’re committed to helping our residents during these trying times to ensure that no one loses the roof over their head if they’re financially impacted by this pandemic.
- We suspended late fees for the months of April through August 2020 at the majority of our communities.
- We are absorbing all credit cards fees made through our resident portal through December 31, 2020.
- We suspended month-to-month fees for leases that expired between March 31 and June 30, 2020.
- For residents that had to relocate based as a result of this crisis, our notice to vacate requirements were reduced to just 30 days, and early termination fees were decreased to a flat $250 for April, May and June 2020.
- Finally, we are continuing to work closely with all residents who have suffered a loss of income to establish payment arrangements that work with their personal situation.
Benchmark has advised all employees to adhere to CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of coronavirus and to protect themselves. Tele-medicine resources have been provided to all employees to utilize if they begin to feel sick or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19. We are also continuing to pay wages to employees who are sick, need to care for someone who is sick, are struggling with child care or if they are under quarantine for any reason.
We have worked with our office teams to set them up to work remotely when possible and with our service teams to perform as many tasks as they safely can. To protect team members on our communities, we have increased cleaning and sanitizing throughout our offices and other areas where our team members frequent to perform critical services. We are also limiting face to face contact for our employees and providing personal protective equipment where necessary.